Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Whisker Relief

A big thank you to Tanit-Isis and Anonymous who commented on my blog! I think I fixed that pesky front crotch curve.
Better, yes? Here is how it looked before.
So, Tanit-Isis got me thinking about the shape of the curve, but I wasn't sure what to do about it. Anonymous (who are you? You are a genius!) pointed me it the direction of the Savvy Sewer Salon over at Sawyer Brook Fabrics. Jennifer Stern had hosted a couple of sew alongs and addressed several fit issues, including this one. When the wee one went down for a nap, I decided to give it a try. It worked! And it only took about a 1/8 inch change to totally change the fit of these pants.
The original stitching line is in red, with the new stitching line in tan. You wouldn't think that teeny change would make any difference at all, but it did and I am thrilled!!

Thank you both for commenting and getting my mind working!!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like by deepening the curve, you lengthened the seam which gave you more room there and eased the pulling. This may be what Kenneth did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right. I find it both interesting and confusing that there are so many ways to accomplish the same alteration.

    ReplyDelete