Thursday, December 1, 2011

I *Am* Sewing. Really, I am.

How lame is it to host a sew along and not post to blog of said sew along?  I encountered some non-sewing-related speed bumps and am in the process of recovering.  Although I have been working on my jeans and nothing else, that work did not come without dedicated use of my seam ripper.  I had problems with the zipper area on both pairs of jeans and had to unpick countless miles (okay...feet...maybe inches) of topstitching.  Plus, on one pair, the fabric is just way too stretchy for my taste.  The zipper area pulls open so much so that I hand sewed snaps to keep it close.  Not.  Cute.  I will finish these and just wear a long shirt to cover it up.  Hopefully, I'll finish this weekend.  We shall see.

L

3 comments:

  1. I'm finally sewing a pair of jeans,too. I sewed the fronts yesterday. This is a busy time of year and I hope to be able to get back to them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me too, life got in the way again. Are you closing the sew along tomorrow? I remember December 15 as the closing date. Perhaps you can keep it open a bit longer??? I want to sew, really, and jeans as well, but it's not happening a lot now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that she meant *January* 15, right? ;-) (Well, that's what I'm shooting for at this point!)

    ReplyDelete